Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Stay & Die

We have shared this life for over twenty years. Now I feel lonely. We live together, but we never touch. Our children see that we don’t love each other any more. We sleep in the same bed, our bodies touch but we don’t touch. I often find a pillow between him and me. I sometimes ask him to cuddle me because I crave it, but most often I find him hugging the edge of the bed, wondering how he manages not to fall down. When we have sex, I can tell which part of my body he is going to touch next, for how long, at which speed. When he kisses me, I feel like kissing a snail. Recently, he has gone limp and I have become numb. I cannot fathom any future with him in it. I feel like an empty shell. My body is disappearing in the hurting. I am gasping for air, I need love, I want to be freed from this trap or I will suffocate and die.

8 comments:

Soul Powers said...

We're here for you, Frenchy. We help each other to breathe again. You are not alone and this journey you're on will help you see life more clearly.

Amazon Woman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Autumn said...

so much emotion. i'm so sorry it's come to this for you. it happens sometimes. i ended up divorcing before we reached that point, but i felt it. i really felt that coming.

xoxo
loves autumn

The Temptress said...

Oh my god... these words are my truth as well.

Amazon Woman said...

Autumn, thank you.


So sorry to hear that Temptress

Anonymous said...

People grow. They change. Relationships change. You must take care of yourself first.

Anonymous said...

How insightful, and how moving. Your words speak volumes to me, in ways you can not appreciate. Thank you for sharing.
-Blue

Amazon Woman said...

Blue - I'm touched by your comment, thank you!